Vladimír Urbánek (Kurzy.cz)
Markets  |  April 19, 2013 14:45:08

Windows 8 losing battle with older sevens


Almost half a year after the placing on the market voluntarily chosen operating system Windows 8, only 6% of users, while the remaining 94% the previous requests of Windows 7 This statistic shows the company's sales Gigacomputer, IT equipment retailer with 16 branches throughout the country. New Windows yet failed in their duty or on the tablet, where they want to compete with the iPad and Android.

The advent of Windows 7 users have adopted with enthusiasm and the store less successful Windows Vista started after years of abandon Windows XP. Microsoft's latest operating system Windows 8 but not followed up this success and after less than six months, confirms the trend, which is speculated for a long time.

"Customers who bought stand-alone operating system selected in most cases, the certificate of Windows 7 Statistically, it is based on 94% of sevens and only 6% for Windows 8, "says George Špunar Gigacomputer of the company, which is a major reseller of computer technology on Czech market." In the case of new computers and laptops often reach for the version with Windows 7, which sell out of stock. In Windows 8 in particular lack the Start menu and still can not get used to the new Metro user interface, "says Špunar.

BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0in; mso-border-bottom-alt: solid windowtext .5 pt; mso-padding-alt: 0in 1.0pt 0 cm 0 cm "class = MsoNormal> The failure is confirmed by recent statistics published regularly Server Netmarketshare.com. eights New to carve being only 3.17% of the notional operating system market pie. Leaderboard currently dominate Windows 7 is 44.73%. Outgoing Windows XP still uses 38.73% of users, far more than the latest addition to the family of Microsoft products. Such data relating desktops and laptops.

solid windowtext .5 pt; mso-padding-alt: 0in 1.0pt 0 cm 0 cm "class = MsoNormal> The new system but loses in the case of tablets, due to which the new Metro user interface was created." Most our customers opt for tablets with Android. This is not only favorable price of specific facilities, but also the fact that users know the system of smart phones and are already accustomed to the control. Similarly, most iPhone owners reach for the iPad, "said George Špunar of the company Gigacomputer.

medium none; PADDING-TOP: 0in; mso-border-bottom-alt: solid windowtext .5 pt; mso-padding-alt: 0in 1.0pt 0 cm 0 cm "class = MsoNormal> Windows 8 want to support the hardware manufacturers, particularly in the area of hybrid device combining tablet and notebook. declining sales of computers, intense collaboration between producers and IT technology Microsoft has to stop this trend. Nearly half a year after the eights but offer hybrid device market is relatively small and competing Android system supplied with its products and great players. For example, ASUS offers a hybrid that combines tablet and laptop designed for Windows 8, RT and Android. Asus Model VivoTab uses Windows 8, Asus VivoTab RT hosted Windows RT using the new Metro eights, while the Asus EEE Pad Transformer drives the fourth AndroidCustomers face a choice which system they prefer.

George Špunar

Sales Manager
GIGACOMPUTER.cz

 

About GIGACOMPUTER

Company GIGACOMPUTER merger of two strong partners and direct importers of computer technology in the Czech Republic dealing mainly wholesale. The history of the two companies dates back to the second half of the 90th years. After the merger of these two entities was to expand the market through a network of branches. Currently, the company covers 16 branches in the Czech and one branch in the Slovak Republic.In early 2009, the company invested in real estate and built a strong head office in Brno with sufficient storage facilities, technical and commercial premises. This again indirectly strengthened its market position. Despite growing competition, is a leading supplier of remanufactured and briefly used computer equipment in all regions of the Czech Republic to the constantly increasing turnover and profit of the company

Was this article: 10 | 8 | 6 | 4 | 2 | 0


Last news from the section Markets:

Ne   9:04  ČEZ: Kompletní přehled investičních doporučení (26.4.2017) Research (Investicniweb.cz)
Ne   9:01  Video: Novák (ČEZ): Tohle je důvod proč chceme prodat Počerady Research (Investicniweb.cz)


Windows 8 prohrávají boj se staršími sedmičkami

Diskuze a názory

Na dané téma nejsou žádné názory.


Zobrazit sloupec 
Moner | ISIN database | Weather forecast
Česká verze
Kurzy.cz - Akcie cz, kurzy měn, forex, zlato.
Favorite: Prague Stock Exchange Czech crown Czech economy Commodities Gold Trademarks Prague Weather

Copyright © 2000 - 2017

Kurzy.cz, spol. s r.o., AliaWeb, spol. s r.o.,

ISSN 1801-8688