Vladimir Dlouhy appeals against exclusion from presidential elections to court
PRAGUE (MEDIAFAX) - Against his retirement from the battle for the Castle due to the high error rate in the signature sheets to the court of appeals, Vladimir Dlouhy. He says that in the calculation of the Interior Ministry and his team found a numerical error, due to which his auditors subtracted by 10,000 votes more, said on Friday at a short briefing Long.
"On my signature sheets is 59,165 votes. During the first inspection found 18 per cent of the Interior Ministry of invalid signatures and controls during the second 22 percent. This is an average of 20 percent false signatures, a fifth. Doing 20 percent of the votes cast mine is about 11,800 , after a more detailed system calculations still about 500 less. In any case, I therefore not be deducted 20,478 votes, as the ministry, "Long explained with the fact that he, John Bobošíková and Tomio Okamura might have a problem, but the Department of the Interior has it also.
This, he says, opens the door to appeal to the Supreme Administrative Court. "Even though I ended up under the ceiling of 50,000 votes after deduction of 10 000 votes, and even if I do not do happy withdraw," said Long.
Serious doubts it raises also unreliable population register, which is the only yardstick for comparing the true identity of persons. "I have no doubt that the staff of the Ministry of Interior have done everything possible to fulfill the law. Yet in my signature verification procedure arouses mistrust," said Long. Not collect signatures at the last moment before submitting was not under time pressure. His own team while before submitting petition signatures knocked a few thousand signatures, for which he was not sure readability, the truth or were duplicates.
"I would also like to point out that the system of direct election of the president still consider it the right way, which the Czech Republic has, and I would not somehow compromised the whole system. Everyone should remember what a bad taste left by past presidential election five years ago, and after political farce, which were associated with it, "said Vladimir Dlouhy with the fact that it now awaits detailed study of materials from the Ministry of Interior, which in his case only has 120 pages.
Discontinued candidate may step against the Interior Ministry to defend, but it has only a two-day deadline to file an action before the Supreme Administrative Court. He must decide by 14 December and may order checking all the data in the sheets of the candidate, and on this basis it then come back into the game.
Legal requirements for candidacy to the Czech head of state met eight candidates so far. Fight for the favor of voters will be three party candidates to whom the check did not cover, so Jiri Dienstbier (CSSD), Karel Schwarzenberg (TOP 09) and Premysl Sobotka (ODS). To these are added those who, even after including error has fifty thousand more signatures from the citizens of the Republic. They are Jan Fischer, Milos Zeman, Zuzana Roithová, Vladimír Franz and Tanya Fischer.
The first direct election of the President of the Czech Republic, is scheduled on the 11th and 12 January 2013. If the head of state will come from the first round, the second will be held two weeks later. However, it is possible that the date will move because of lawsuits and complaints from unsuccessful candidates.
Vladimir Dlouhy is an economist, university lecturer, member of the National Economic Council and a number of other international economic organizations. In the 90 he was one of the politicians Czechoslovak and Czech governments for Vaclav Klaus. The policy left to the private sector in 1997.
Jan Soukup, email@example.com
Last news from the section Czech republic:
12.12.2018 4 kroky k výběru spolehlivých oken
Michal Dvořák, TradeCentrum
Patrik Mackových, TopForex
Jonáš Mlýnek, LYNX
Zdeněk Ďuriš, EKKA-Gold
Štěpán Hájek, Bossa
Štěpán Křeček, BHS
Silvia Holá, xPartners
Jakub Petruška, Zlaťáky.cz
Patrik Hudec, GENERALI