Vladimír Urbánek (Kurzy.cz)
Macroeconomics  |  February 13, 2013 15:25:41

U.S. - retail in January grew by 0.1% and fulfilled the expectations of the market

U.S. retail sales in January rose by 0.1% compared to the December increase of 0.5%, which filled the broader market expectations. Overall, the estimates ranged from -0.7 to +0.6%.
Unemployment dropped along with the growth of real estate prices and stock markets supports the increase in the general purchasing power of consumers and this is reflected in an increase in their demand. Consumers are the main growth engine of the U.S. economy, though cater to about 70% of the total GDP of the country.

In January, for the first time after 3 months of rising prices of imported goods in the head with more expensive energy and building materials. Import price index rose in January by 0.6% compared to the December decline by 0.5%.

Sales growth recorded 6 of 13 major retail sectors, led by sales growth of 1.1% in supermarkets. This growth was the highest since April 2011. Demand grew in sporting goods stores and online retailers.
Sales in the automotive sector declined in January by 0.1%, passenger cars and light commercial vehicles sold in January on an annual basis at the level of 15.2 million vehicles compared to 15.3 million in December and 15.5 million in November. Sales for the three months mentioned were strongest for the last 5 years.

Retail sales excluding car sales in January rose by 0.2% compared to the December increase of 0.3% compared to market expectations and set to grow by 0.1%.

Revenues excluding car sales, fuel and construction materials rose by 0.1% compared to growth of 0.7% in December and November last year. This information is used in the calculation of GDP.

Shopping appetite of U.S. households in Q4 grew by 2.2% compared to 1.6% in 3Q.

Today's data together with a smaller deficit of the trade balance could mean that the U.S. economy following revisions in Q4 last year, after all recorded growth compared to the originally estimated a decline of 0.1%.
Was this article: 10 | 8 | 6 | 4 | 2 | 0

Last news from the section Macroeconomics:

Út   9:19  Rozbřesk: Česká inflace předčasně na cíli Patria (Patria Finance)
Út   8:18  Úterní obchodní seance 11. 12. 2018 STOX.CZ (Grant Capital)
Po 22:05  Closing Bell & výhled na 11. 12. Grant Capital (Grant Capital)
Po 16:04  Tuzemská inflace na cíli (Komentář) Investiční bankovnictví (Komerční banka)

US - maloobchod v lednu rostl o 0,1% a naplnil očekávání trhu

Diskuze a názory uživatelů na téma: US - maloobchod v lednu rostl o 0,1% a naplnil očekávání trhu

Na dané téma nejsou žádné názory.

Zobrazit sloupec 
Moner | ISIN database | Weather forecast
Česká verze
Kurzy.cz - Akcie cz, kurzy měn, forex, zlato.
Favorite: Prague Stock Exchange Czech crown Czech economy Commodities Gold Trademarks Prague Weather

Copyright © 2000 - 2018

Kurzy.cz, spol. s r.o., AliaWeb, spol. s r.o.,

ISSN 1801-8688